- You must be at least 18 years old to create a Scholica Community (“Community”) via the Service. There is no age limit for using the Service.
- You may not post violent, unlawful, infringing, hateful or sexually suggestive content via the Service.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not transfer or assign your account, courses, username, or any account rights. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to Scholica at all times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy in the furthest possible extend for the kind of account you have at the Service.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other Scholica users.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (federal, state, local and provincial laws) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Scholica.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications to any Scholica users.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any page of the Service is rendered or displayed.
- You must not create Communities with the Service through unauthorized means, by using an automated device, script, bot or spider.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. If we terminate your access to the Service, your files, texts, information, and all other data (Content) will no longer be accessible through your account, but those materials and data may persist within the Service.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that Scholica is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Scholica reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you submit or post Content or any personal or other information.
- There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites or features in images or comments within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse. Functionality on the Service may also permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including modules that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. Scholica does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Scholica is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use modules that connect the Service or your user account on the Service with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather information from and to your account on the Service. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following: (i) if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information about your user account on the Service being shared; (ii) your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Scholica has not itself provided such information; and (iii) your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold Scholica harmless for activity related to the Application.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- We prohibit crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means. The only exception to this is the Scholica API (“API”).
- Scholica does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Scholica personnel or personnel of Scholica’s partners will not access your data unless issues arrive that call for this measure.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by Scholica. Such content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying this content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the herefore mentioned content.
- The Scholica name and logo are trademarks of Scholica, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Scholica.
- Although it is Scholica’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Consequently, Scholica encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Scholica is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup. Scholica will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.